Mason Advisory has launched a ‘Securing the cloud’ white paper, which is available to download, this paper explains how organisations moving to cloud-based services need to rethink their security model.
Ian Kayne, Principal Consultant at Mason Advisory and author of the paper, noted that using cloud services can deliver great benefits for organisations, but necessitates a change in the security model used. “The good news is that – if approached and managed correctly – it is possible to make the most of cloud services, without increasing risk,” he explained.
Five questions underpin security requirements in the cloud, and these are reviewed in detail in our white paper.
- What data will be migrated to and created in the cloud, and what risks are associated with it?
- Who can access what data, and under what conditions?
- How will data be protected in the cloud?
- What risks does the ‘multi-tenant’ nature of cloud services pose?
- What needs to be done in the event of an incident or security breach that may affect the data?