The Management Consultancies Association (MCA) is the voice of UK consulting sector. The MCA is the representative body for the UK consulting sector and has been at the heart of the industry for over 60 years.
We are pleased to announce that Steve Watmough is part of the MCA Board.
The role of the Board is to:
- Set the Association’s vision, values and strategic goals in consultation with Members;
- Ensure that the necessary financial and human resources are in place for the Association to meet its objectives;
- Review and scrutinise the Association’s performance, including the management of reputational, financial and other risks;
- Provide effective leadership of the Association in collaboration with the Chief Executive;
- Constructively challenge corporate decision-making and provide advice and assistance to the Officers and the Chief Executive in carrying out their day-to-day duties
- Appoint members of the Association’s other Committees and monitor their work.
The Board is required to represent the broad interests of all Members. Individual members of the Board, while ensuring that they speak for their own firm, are also required to take into account the interests and views of the Association’s wider membership.
The Board will comprise:
- The President of the Association
- The Vice-Presidents of the Association
- The immediate past President of the Association
- Up to 10 elected members
- A representative of the Young MCA
Elected members of the Board will serve for no more than three years but shall be eligible for re-election.
The Board meets at least four times each year. Members are expected to attend all meetings.
The President of the Association chairs all meetings of the Board. In his/her absence, a Vice President will chair the meeting.
Minutes of all meetings of the Board will available for inspection by members of the Council.